Propellerads

Saturday 19 November 2016

Kanye West reveals to concertgoers he would have voted for Donald Trump, receives backlash from fans

On Thursday night, rapper, Kanye West arrived an hour late to his San Jose concert. Instead of jumping straight into his set list, he started to rant about this year's US presidential election. He said:
"I told y'all I didn't vote, right? But if I were to vote, I would have voted on Trump," he told the crowd, who immediately began booing him.
He continued to talk about why he supported the president-elect before transitioning into his song, "Heartless."
Shortly after starting Heartless, he stopped again to rant some more. He said:
"I just said that I would have voted for Donald Trump and then I did a song and y'all sang it at the top of your lungs". "That doesn't mean that you're a Trump supporter. That just means you ok with a celebrity having their own opinion. Or that someone else is ok to have their own opinion. 
That might not be your opinion but you can still like that person or still like that person's music."
He went on to call out last week's Saturday Night Live host, Dave Chappelle, saying:
"Dave Chapelle, it's ok. We can have opinions as celebrities. I know you said we couldn't, but thank you for breaking the ice on a mentality of a generation."
Then he talked about racism in the US. He said:
"Specifically to black people, stop focusing on racism. This world is racist, ok? Let's stop being distracted to focus on that as much. It's just a f**king fact. We are in a racist country. Period… Not one or the other candidate was going to instantly change that."
Kanye West also confirmed that he still plans to run for President in 2020 saying:
"I will take position in 2020 and do it myself."
“I wanted to say that before the election, but they told me, ‘Whatever you do, don’t say that aloud,’” West explained.

The Grammy-winning rapper also spoke about how he admired the Trump campaign.
“Not only did I not vote, but there were a lot of things I actually liked about Trump’s campaign,” said West, who later added: “His approach was (expletive) genius — because it worked.”
Twitter exploded with people leaving all type of critical comments like:



No comments:

Post a Comment