Propellerads

Friday 26 August 2016

Photo: I killed my girlfriend for the fun of it- Suspected ritualist

22-year-old Oweniwe Chukwudi (pictured) who has been arrested in connection with the murder of his girlfriend, Adeyeye Nifemi, says he killed her for the fun of it and not for rituals as being speculated.

Chukwudi, who is a National Diploma student of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State, denied removing body parts of the deceased after he murdered her.




“I did not remove any part of her body; I only killed her for the fun of it. I made love with her in the bush before killing her. I am not a cultist. It was when I killed her that I realised I made a big mistake and I wept bitterly”he said when interrogated
Ondo state commissioner of Police, Hilda Harrison, who paraded the suspect, said investigations carried out so far shows that Chukwudi whose parents are cassava farmers in Ogbese area of the state, had tricked his girlfriend to Ayede Ogbese, about 10 to 15 kilometres away from their campus where he stabbed her. He left her in the bush, thinking she was dead but on his return the next day to remove some of her body parts, he saw that she was still alive.

While pretending to help her, the suspect reportedly took her to a camp close to a filling station in Ilu Abo, where he strangled her again. When she didn’t die, he reportedly smashed her head with stones until she died.

Acting on available intelligence, he was arrested and during interrogation, confessed to committing the crime. He would be charged to court after investigations is concluded

No comments:

Post a Comment